If you are growing food or herbal medicine for your own use at home, indoors or outdoors; aiding plant pollination by planting for bees and/or butterflies; converting from mainstream to sustainable and chemical-free gardening; or transforming your landscaping from ornamental to practical, you are invited to submit photographs for posting on this site.
- The picture must be submitted within three days after the shot was taken.
- The person submitting the photo must have taken the photo himself or herself.
- The photo must have been taken in the submitter's own garden.
- The photo must not be watermarked at the time it is submitted.
- Permission to post the photograph must be given by the person who took the picture.
- The photo must be accompanied by a brief description of the subject matter, including proper plant identification, and basic geographic location.
- The photograph must be a minimum of 500 pixels wide (see sample below) and submitted as a tiff or jpg.
- No more than three pictures per week can be submitted by any one individual.
- Photographs may be cropped.
- Watermark with copyright can be added.
- Camera information and settings may be added (or omitted).
- Name of photographer, place of residence, and gardening experience can be posted or omitted when put on the web (but they must accompany the submission.)
Please use the submission link on this site to send photos. You will be asked to send your name and email. A link will be sent to the email you used. Click on the link or paste it into the address window of your browser. You will then be able to submit your photo for consideration. By submitting the photo in this manner, you are granting permission for use on this web site. Thank you!
Online Submission Link
2 July 2009
Updated 30 July 2009
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 8700, F4.7
Date: 4 July 2009
Location: Poulsbo, Washington
Comment: This plant was brought home from the Poulsbo Farmer's Market an hour or so before the picture was taken. It had not yet been planted.